Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blogus Primus

Its past 01.00 AM. I find myself, surprisingly, wide awake. And, not-so-surprisingly, absolutely unable to study. My friends have blogs, my neighbor has a blog, my neighbor's dog has its own blog and so do 20 million other losers on the internet. Even Google has an "official blog" (yeah really, check out googleblog.blogspot.com). And there are 200 million people spending upto 20 hours a week reading these things every year in the US alone. It is supposed to be addictive, therapeutic and fun, all at the same time. It is supposed to be the in-thing to do. So I decide to join the hordes of people wasting tremendous amounts of time and internet bandwidth putting up the silliest things on the world-wide-web and calling them "blogs". So here goes, my first ever blog!! I have filled up a considerable amount of space with pointless nonsense which is of no use whatsoever to either me or any person living or dead. Now that I have my own blog on blogspot.com, purportedly the largest and most popular blogsite of them all, I can feel proud of being a certified denizen of the blogosphere. I can now put up links to this page on my website, my orkut profile and anywhere else I can think of, tell all my friends and feel very happy about it. SIC

P.S. 200 million hits a year must be making pots of money in ad revenues for blogger.com(which, incidentally, is owned by GOOGLE, which, incidentally, saw a profit growth of 700% this year..) so atleast I can rest assured that this whole exercise is not entirely in vain...the rich are getting richer...thanx to me!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Varna said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Chandler said...

u proved u r vetti on orkut.. u just proved that u r vettier.. and i'm sure google is looking for u to thank u for ur services

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vetti boy!!!
ha ha what ever it is... good luck makin the rich richer!!!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor thing ....are u soooo jobless??!!and i thot i was the only one,its good to know sumone is vettier than i am

Aparna

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey u proved that u r more vettier than me

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.